HOW ARE YOU?
These have been crazy times for all of us, and while ARRIVE has been severely impacted along with nearly everyone in the hospitality industry, we’ve been far more concerned about the safety and health of our team members, neighbors and the communities around us.
Now that things are taking the first steps towards reopening, we wanted to give you an update on what’s happening with us and when we can welcome you back to our places…because we sure miss you, and we want to see you as soon as we can.
WHICH HOTELS ARE OPEN?
ARRIVE Wilmington. Open.
ARRIVE Palm Springs. Open.
ARRIVE Memphis. Open.
ARRIVE Austin. Open.
ARRIVE Phoenix. Open.
ARE ANY OF YOUR RESTAURANTS OPEN?
We’re in the process of getting them opened back up and working on reopening plans that balance staff and guest safety with providing the first-rate experience we demand of ourselves. We don’t want to do a less-good version of what we had before, so we’re taking our time to get this right. Keep your eyes on our social media accounts for updates on opening dates.
HOW WILL YOU PROTECT YOUR GUESTS?
We take extremely seriously our responsibility to protect your health, the health of our employees, and public health in the communities we serve. We hope that your time here will be fun and relaxing, but we know that won’t happen unless you feel comfortable and safe. As a result, we’ve put together the ARRIVE CLEAN Program, a cleaning and safety program based upon best practice recommendations from across local, state and federal authorities. Key elements of the program, which we will continue to update as more information becomes available are:
Hospital-Grade Electrostatic Disinfection. Both before and after cleaning, guestrooms will be treated with a non-toxic disinfectant solution of 200ppm hypochlorous acid delivered via electrostatic sprayer (the same technology deployed in hospitals). The room will be re-sanitized any time a staff member enters the room. Where elecrostatic disinfection is unavailable, your room will be left unoccupied for at least 24-48 hours prior to your arrival.
Hygienically Wrapped Bath Linens. Cleaned and sanitized guest bath linens will be provided in a hygienically sealed package at the beginning of the stay. Replacements will be provided upon request in the same packaging.
Disinfecting Wipes and Hand Sanitizer. Touchless hand sanitizer stations have been located strategically throughout the facilities. Disinfecting wipes are available upon request at the front desk.
Guest Personal Protective Equipment. Guests will be required to wear masks in all common areas of the property, subject to state and local law. Extra masks will be available at the front desk.
Reduced In-Room Touchpoints. We have removed non-essential items from your room (throw blankets and visitor guides, for example). Items will be substituted with digital alternative where possible.
Staff Safety and Personal Protective Equipment. Staff have been provided with masks and are required to wear them throughout the property. Staff have been provided training on best practices for social distancing, handwashing, sanitizing and use of PPE. Staff have also been instructed to stay home if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms and we have implemented a sick leave policy to incentivize responsible behavior.
Optional In-Stay Servicing. Rooms will be serviced during guest stay only upon request. If service is requested, housekeeping staff will only enter a guest room if it is otherwise unoccupied. Housekeepers and guests will not be in the same guest room at the same time. Guest rooms will be electrostatically disinfected each time an employee enters or exits the room.
Extra Attention to High-Touch Areas. Housekeeping staff will focus extra attention on the most frequently touched guest room areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and hardware – and high-traffic common areas. These areas/items – in addition to all normally serviced areas of the room – will be treated with EPA/OSHA-approved disinfecting cleaning agents.
Declutter Paper and Decorative Amenities. We have removed decorative and paper collateral items from the rooms. Items have been substituted with digital, where appropriate.
Sealed Water Bottles. Our carafe of chilled, filtered water has been temporarily replaced with complimentary sealed plastic bottles.
Individually Sealed Amenities upon Request. Individually wrapped and sealed mini-bottles of soap, shampoo and conditioner are available upon request.
Eliminate Valet Service. Where applicable, no valet services will be provided until further notice.
Likewise, we really have to ask our guests to provide the same consideration in return. If any guest is experiencing symptoms or has any concerns around their possible exposure to infected people, we have to ask you to postpone your plans to visit us. We’ll be happy to work something out with you – just please don’t expose our team members or other guests.
HOW ARE YOU PROTECTING EMPLOYEES?
The safety and security of our employees through this pandemic is absolutely critical. We will take the following steps to ensure a safe and clean working environment for our team:
(1) Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Employees will be provided with personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves. Employees will be required to wear appropriate PPE based on their roles and responsibility and in compliance with state or local regulations. Based on local conditions and guidance, employees may be required to wear masks where it is difficult or impossible to maintain social distancing
(2) Social Distancing. Guests and employees will be reminded – via pre-stay communications and in-stay signage – to practice social distancing whenever possible while on the property. Signage and other markers will be provided to help guide appropriate social distancing practices.
(3) Hand Washing. Employees will be trained to wash hands (or use sanitizer) every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break, and before or after starting a shift.
(4) Sick Leave. Employees will be instructed to stay home from work if experiencing any symptom of COVID-19 or if they have been in contact with any individuals determined to have been infected with COVID-19. We will provide a flexible sick leave policy in accordance with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act to ensure that employees do not feel economic pressure to return to work where they or their families are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
(5) Return to Work Protocol. To return to work, a previously infected/symptomatic employee will need to have completed any period of required quarantine/self-monitoring, and, if suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19, (1) be cleared by their medical provider with written documentation or (2) only return after at least 72 hours have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory syndromes (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) for 72 hours and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
(6) Stop Work Authority. Employees will have the discretion and authority to stop work where they observe unsafe working conditions. Supervisors will investigate and correct any observed unsafe working conditions as quickly as possible. Any concerns can be confidentially reported to management, without fear of retaliation, by contacting the human resources department.
(7) Training. Upon returning to work, employees will be trained on: (a) proper use and disposal of PPE; (b) safe disposal of potentially infected materials; (c) social distancing protocols; (d) handwashing protocols; (e) reducing/eliminating physical contact; (f) symptoms of COVID-19; (g) the importance of not coming to work if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms; (h) self-screening at home, including temperature and/or symptom checks using CDC Guidelines; and (i) appropriate responses to incidents of potential infection.
WHAT’S YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
It’s a crazy uncertain time, and the last thing we want you worrying about is whether you’ll be able to get a refund if your plans change. So we’ve made all bookings fully refundable until two days before check-in. So make some plans with us and, if things change, we’ve got your back.
WE WANT YOU (AND NEED YOU)
We really want to see you back here as soon as it’s safe for everyone, and we’re hopeful that an improving public health outlook will allow that to happen. We won’t lie – we’ve taken this on the chin, as have our individual team members and as have nearly everyone in our industry. And we know you’re as stir-crazy as we are, and you’re chomping at the bit to get to travel and dine out like before. We hope we can count on your support once we reopen, and we’ll be ready to welcome you with open arms, which will awkwardly air hug you from six feet away.
If you’ve got any questions, feedback or ideas, we’d love to hear from you. But no more Zooms.